I’m attending the Alts Virtual Summit (about alternative investments) today. This is the third virtual conference that I’ve attended – they are so convenient and very informative.
This conference is about alternative investments. This is a good time to be looking at alternative investments since the bond market is facing the increasing interest rates (which reduce the value of bond funds) and the stock market is very high (giving more downside potential). Alternative investments provide a non-correlated investment that help protect an investors assets and improve return in the long run. The talks are about:
- Advisor trends in alternative investing
- Liquid strategies, funds and growth
- MLPs, energy and income investing
- Gold, agricultural and other hard assets
- Real Estate options and access
- Advisor solutions for due diligence, asset allocation and manager selection
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) have made alternative investments more accessible to the average investor. It’s nice seeing so many high quality managers and products at reasonable costs – making for some attractive investments.