Socially Responsible Investing (SRI)
SRI is an investment strategy seeking to maximize both financial return and social good. AIO Financial has extensive experience in SRI, also known as socially conscious, sustainable, and ethical investing.
There are a wide range of issues that socially responsible investors can address, including:
- climate change (fossil fuel free investing)
- corporate political contributions
- executive compensation
- labor practices (supply chain labor conditions)
- board diversity
It is easy to participate at various levels and make a genuine impact. This does not mean sacrificing financial gains. Investors can do as well with social investments as they can with conventional investments.
The three primary strategies utilized by SRI are:
- Screening – using positive and negative filters to select investments.
- Shareholder Advocacy – using the rights of a shareholder (through SRI mutual funds or individual stocks) to influence the direction of business.
- Community Investments –Provide access to credit, equity, capital, and basic banking products that low-income communities who would otherwise lack.
AIO Financial’s podcast and blog cover many SRI topics and investments. AIO Financial offers regular webinars about SRI and addressing climate change through investments. AIO Financial also created a free ebook to help socially conscious investors easily invest in-line with their values.