Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) is an investment strategy seeking to maximize both financial return and social good. AIO Financial has extensive experience in SRI, also known as socially conscious, sustainable, and ethical investing.
There are a wide range of issues that socially responsible investors can address, including:
– climate change (fossil fuel free investing),
– corporate political contributions,
– executive compensation,
– labor practices (supply chain labor conditions),
– board diversity
It is easy to participate at various levels and make a genuine impact. This does not mean sacrificing financial gains. Investors can do as well with social investments as they can with conventional investments.
The three primary strategies utilized by SRI are:
- Screening – using positive and negative filters to select investments.
- Shareholder Advocacy – using the rights of a shareholder (through SRI mutual funds or individual stocks) to influence the direction of business.
- Community Investments –Provide access to credit, equity, capital, and basic banking products that low-income communities who would otherwise lack.
We have started a website that provides a blog, podcast and videos focused on SRI – Socially Responsible Investing Hub. The Socially Responsible Investing Hub was created to help make SRI as easy as possible for an average investor who is concerned about what they invest in. Please visit the Socially Responsible Investing Hub to learn more about Socially Responsible Investing.